Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Prayer List

I just wanted to post my prayer list and ask that you would pray with me.


Jon, who is very close to me (I have known him for 28 years) recently had surgery to remove a testicle that was cancerous. During the medical procedures leading up to the surgery, the determination was made that he also has lung cancer. So, although he is now cancer-free from the waist down, he is undergoing chemotherapy for his lungs.


My friend Lyn, whose car became the center of a car sandwich a few weeks ago, is suffering whiplash, also a hurt knee, and a hurt shoulder. Her doctor has given her medication for the pain, but, she is in the unenviable position of having a choice whether to not be able to concentrate because of the pain, or being unable to concentrate due to her pain medication. She doesn't like her medication, or the mental fog that comes with it; I can't say that I blame her. Lyn also lost her maternal grandfather last year, and her paternal grandfather this year.


Lyn's friend Susie, who has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Susie is undergoing chemotherapy, like Jon, but, other than that, I know very little about Susie's condition or treatment, but I take cancer very seriously.


My friend Amanda has had some problems with conception. An infection did some severe damage to her tubes. Her ovaries seem to be okay, and her uterus, but there is a problem with the tubes to carry eggs from one place to another. She has undergone an IVF procedure with the man that she refers to as "DH" (to her, that's Darling Husband, to me, that's Designated Hitter), but was still unable to conceive. Now some of her in-laws don't know how to talk to her, which just makes things worse. This is nobody's fault, it just is. I know that Amanda and DH had to save up for awhile to be able to afford IVF, now, I presume that they are saving up again. After all, this was only the first strike; the DH gets 2 more swings at this, doesn't he?


My friends Lisa and Keona, who each had gall bladder surgery last year. They both seem to be doing fine but I don't see either one very often, so I can't be sure, so I still worry.


My nephew's wife's parents (my niece-in-law's parents? My nephew's parents-in-law? I'm not sure what to call the actual relationship) are having serious marital problems, which of course has their daughter upset.


My other nephew is getting married next month. His fiancé is very nice, and I don't expect any problems, but prayer shouldn't only come after the problems start...


I have another friend, whose name I won't mention, who hasn't spoken to me for a while. She wanted to tell me what her pastor thought, and I showed her what the Bible says. I didn't mean to make her angry, but I don't feel that I can take opinion over Scripture, even when the opinion is that of a person that I care for or respect very much.


The economy. Right now there are a lot of problems with the economy, and I think that a lot of us are tightening our belts (I know I am). I know that it will swing back eventually, but...


And me. I don't mean to seem selfish, but I have problems of my own and desires that I would like to see fulfilled. I don't want to get into what they are here. I am reminded of something that Bush 41 said during the first Gulf War: he was talking about a letter he had gotten from a family that sat down with their pre-schooler and explained that they were going to pray that God would help Bush free the people that were stuck in Iraq, and their son said, "How did people get stuck in a rock, and how is a bush going to get them out?" They concluded that it was a good thing that God knew what their son was praying for, because he sure didn't. So, I would appreciate it if you would pray for me, even if you don't understand what it is that you are praying for. Thank you.

No comments: