Saturday, August 25, 2007

Just Some Stuff


Normally I don't post to my blog on Saturdays, but I didn't post yesterday, so I will post today.

There is a big box store near my parents' house that has an underground parking garage, at least some of which is under the store. I find this particularly interesting, because most of the stores in the chain don't have that feature, including the one close to my house, which is less than a ear older. This is a nice feature, because the sun doesn't heat up the car's interior while one is shopping, rain doesn't come in through a partially open window, and it decreases the amount of land that the store needs,as well. There are also emergency lights in the parking garage. My dad discovered today that he can light the emergency lights with the remote for his car alarm. Apparently the design of the emergency lights included a remote test feature, so that the owner can test the batteries without climbing a ladder and pushing a button, and the signal from the car alarm remote is similar enough to serve the same function. Perhaps I shouldn't advertise that fact, because now all kinds of people are going to want to check to see if their car alarm remote can activate emergency lights. Some of these people may find that they can, and run down the batteries of the emergency lights. Hopefully not so much that the lights don't work when they need to.

No comments: