Friday, August 10, 2007

Odds and Ends

Oh, I wish I were an Oscar-Meyer wiener, then I could get a $50.00 parking ticket...

I think this is one of the dumbest ideas ever, but, there's still a good chance that it will become very popular. Still, I have a hard time understanding why anybody would want furniture that reminds them if they are putting on weight...
Speaking of 'Not too bright?'

Here are two guys that really went overboard gambling; I can't believe how much they lost... (Seems to me somebody in the United States got caught trying something very similar last year, but the punishment wasn't nearly so severe)

There are generally two sides to every story, but it doesn't seem like this story can have a good 'other side.' Assuming that this article is accurate, this woman got fired for recommending the best medical treatment available instead of eating beetroot, and for trying to clean up a hospital with a high infant mortality rate. If that gets you fired, then maybe it's time to emigrate...

Congratulations to Iraq's fütball team for winning the Asia cup (I don't want to say soccer, because they don't call it soccer, but I also don't want to call it football, because that is a completely different sport here in the US). If nothing else, this creates the impression that Iraq is, once again, a real country, and that it is progressing. Unfortunately, a lot of Sunni Iraqis are complaining already that most of the team is Shiite (as is most of Iraq), and they don't feel the victory nearly as personally--many of them just don't care. This should stir up some national pride.
Want some more good news from Iraq?

No comments: