Monday, July 09, 2007

Is it just me, or does it seem like Hollywood is getting less and less imaginative? This year we've had Spiderman 3, Shrek the Third (a.k.a. Shrek 3), Pirate's of the Caribbean: At World's End (a.k.a. Pirate's of the Caribbean 3), Live Free or Die Hard (a.k.a. Die Hard 4), Ocean's Thirteen (a.k.a Ocean's Eleven 3), Evan Almighty (a.k.a Bruce Almighty 2)... I've heard Ratatouille is very good, but I have a hard time getting into animated movies, although we did a Father's Day presentation at church that involved clips from The Lion King, and now I kind of want to see that movie.
It also seems like if it isn't a sequel, then it's a TV show that's been taken to the big screen. Transformers is doing very well (although I hear it's not really aimed at 9 to 14 year old boys like the original series--it's aimed more at guys that were 9-14 when the series aired). I've also heard that there is a Get Smart movie in the works.
I think I've made it clear previously that I like movies. I prefer movies that make me think, but, sometimes it's good to watch a movie that just lets me not think, you know? I've seen the first three movies listed above, and will probably end up seeing the others as well.
There is also a new Stephen King movie coming out on Friday the thirteenth. Sounds appropriate, doesn't it? Isn't also funny that this past Saturday was considered to be so lucky? July 7th of '07 (7/7/7), just 6 days prior to Friday the thirteenth. If Saturday were so lucky, wouldn't the day one year, one month, and one day previous have been a really bad day (6/6/6)? Where do these superstitions come from?
I've also heard that Six Flags over Georgia had a septuple wedding ceremony on Saturday (seven different couples tied the knot). Shouldn't they have found someplace with 'seven' in the name, instead of six? I don't know of any such place in the Atlanta area. Maybe if they measured the distance from Five Points to Six Flags and then continued on past Six Flags the same amount...
Personally, I think the smartest choice for a wedding date would be February 14th. I know a guy that got married on Valentine's day. I told him after the wedding that he has no excuse for ever forgetting his anniversary,and he told me that was the idea.

No comments: