Tuesday, May 15, 2007

May 15th, 2007

This is my blog ("Why, how very interesting{yawn}," I can hear someone say). Okay, well, this may be a little slow getting started. The idea is that I am just going to write about whatever is on my mind (that is the idea of a blog, isn't it?). I'm sure that there will be many daze when this space is not updated, because there are many daze when there is nothing on my mind. Although money seems to always be on my mind. I never seem to have enough of it. This, of course, makes me part of the financial majority. I can't really complain about what I get paid. I get paid very well for relatively little work. I just always seem to *need* more than I have. I don't think I'm alone in that. We had a financial planning seminar at our church Friday night. I learned a few things, but, to be honest, I don't think any of that is really going to change my life any. I did learn that most people don't carry enough life insurance to take care of their family if something happens to them. I carry enough to pay off the house (if anybody in my family actually wants it), and pay for my funeral, and take care of pretty much anything else, but I don't owe that much on my house. Apparently most people carry less than I do, and should carry more than I do. I know a lot of people look at insurance as something that doesn't help *now*, so it's an unnecessary expense. If you stop to think about it, though, any one of us could get hit by a bus (or a drunk driver) at any time, and then what happens to your dependents? Sorry to get so morbid (I promise I didn't start out writing with the plan of talking about death), but, like I said, it's just whatever is on my mind. Still, if you check it out, I think you will find that 'single mother' is probably the toughest job out there. Single father's not that easy either. But if your spouse has to work a job (or two) to make ends meet and raise your kids without you, when an insurance policy would definitely make a huge difference. Hopefully by now you understand my use of the term ramblings. I know how I get.

No comments: