Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Well, the good news is, the problem with one of the DVD burners on Sunday was that the video out connection came loose, so it did record the entire service, including audio. The bad news is that the other burner didn't record anything. Fortunately, we did capture the video of the entire service...(If you don't know what I'm talking about, read yesterday's post)
Today I am going to vent about personal peeves:
1) People who abuse their power (not to suggest that I've never done that).
2) People who hear a little of something here, and a little something else there, and draw their own conclusion, and then spread that around as fact (wish I could say I haven't been guilty of that).
3) People who push their own agenda, without regard to what's actually best for the organization/business/club/whatever (um, yeah, I'm three for three).
I think I'll stop venting about pet peeves now; it's hitting a little too close to home. Of course, for every example, I can think of at least one person who has done it more blatantly than I did, or more consistently than I did. Of course, I can't think of one person who's been more guilty of all three than me. I guess that's part of what gets under one's skin, though, isn't it? When you see somebody doing something that reminds you of a part of yourself that you don't like. Possibly even more aggravating is when you see somebody doing something that you really want to do, but you don't think you could get away with. Of course, then we tell ourselves that at least we didn't actually do it, we only thought about it. Of course, if the only reason we didn't do it is because of fear of retribution, how are we better than that other person?

No comments: